Saturday 17 September 2011

Richard Thompson songs

Richard Thompson songs have been a feature of the trip in a number of ways. First of all, listening to tracks at Dave & Elaine's house in Nottingham, then hearing one of them (Dimming of the Day) in a pub in Matlock Bath the next day, then being set the mission of incorporating as many RT references as possible in our blog posts by Annelise in London, a task we took to with some diligence but little recognition so far (that's a hint to pay up, Annelise!). Anyway, instead of all the jobs I should have been doing today I've spent a couple of hours going through my RT collection and selecting my top 10 tracks, which I present here for your listening pleasure!

Richard Thompson top 10

You'll need to be a Spotify user, but it's wonderful, and free, so why wouldn't you? Here's the full list. Some tracks aren't available on Spotify so I had to compromise a bit. I will probably change my mind by tomorrow.

1. Devonside
2. How Will I Ever Be Simple Again
3. Dimming Of The Day
4. Beeswing
5. Night Comes In
6. When I Get To The Border
7. 1952 Vincent Black Lightning
8. If Love Whispers Your Name
9. Keep Your Distance
10. From Galway To Graceland

No comments:

Post a Comment