Friday 26 August 2011

Off at last

Ready to board the ferry in Stornoway
Well, we've made it as far as Ullapool without serious mishap (except falling off my bike on Bayhead, but that was Donnie Mackenzie's fault for distracting me...).



Thanks to Ian Minty for sharing the log of the trip he did from Dungeness to Port of Ness a few years ago. It has encouraged us to think that our own expedition may not be as daunting as we thought.


Loading onto the bike bus in Stornoway


We made the first part of our trip easy by using the bike bus service from Ullapool to Inverness.








3 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage Don/Martin! Hope you've packed loads of Vaseline! Dreadful weather down here today, but hopefully, by the time you set off, the weather will brighten up. If all goes to plan, hoping to get to see you for a drink of Sunday evening. All the best.

    John M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and very relieved I am where I am. See you Kershader in a couple of weeks. Will get in touch once I'm back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun and take care. Call in at the Manchester Velodrome and say hello. I'm sure Chris Hoy will be happy to see you if he's working that day :-)Mention my name

    ReplyDelete